Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Last Burn Pile

Today I set ablaze the last burn pile of the sticks and logs that I have gathered in the future pasture. Yesterday we had some rain after several weeks of dry weather. This will make disking the ground much easier. Hopefully next week I can get the truck out to spread the lime, fertilizer and seed. Could there be a pasture in our future?

I had planned to take Buddy to a Brittany trial up at Sumerduck this weekend to ride and watch, but the trial was canceled due to lack of entries. So instead, I started yet another project at home this weekend - painting the window and door trim / sills on the exterior of the house. I won't finish the project this weekend, but I hope to get a good start on it. This is all in an attempt to stay ahead of any more rotting around the windows... already had some repair work done this summer.

I can't wait for field trial season to get here. Today's cooler weather sure did get me in the mood for it. Puppies on the way will cut my fall season short a bit, but it'll be fun having wee ones in the house again.

No comments: