Monday, March 24, 2008

Spring trialing

Our spring trial season started down in Georgia this year in late February. Dave went down to Leesburg, GA, for a weekend trial, followed by the NVA Eastern Championship. Then he headed up to Norwood, GA, for the VCA National Gun Dog Championship. I was able to join him for the VCA event. The following weekend was our club's weekend trial, which means a boat load of work for me the week prior and after, as well as during the three days of the trial. We had a very large entry, as usual. And to add insult to injury, it rained two of the three days, turning our trial into a virtual mudfest. Now it's my turn to go to everyone else's trials and enjoy myself - I have done my part to contribute to the sport this spring.

Joey has made his debut as a gun dog. He hasn't come home with any ribbons yet, but I am confident that he is on the right track.

No comments: